What is it?
mterm is a dockable textfield which executes commands.
Why do I want it?
- Easier than opening up a terminal
- Can be run completely from the dock (no other windows)
- Small, minimalist, and stays out of the way as much as possible
- Uses only the Xlib libraries, no other requirements
- Persistent command history - configurable
What extra creatures does it freep with?
- Configuration can be stored in a .mtermrc file
- An extra window appears to show long commands for docked mode
- Adapts well for use as a standalone "run prompt"
- Ability to open interactive shell commands in an xterm
- Tab completion (0.4.2)
What does it look like
How do I get it?
Go to the
and grab the
How well does it work?
Slightly quirky at times, but reasonably well.